Re: tools and all-packages moved to git

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 09:06:01 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Sure, everything is scriptable... but such scripts need to be known by
> new users, maintained, etc. I’m just surprised that there is still no
> standard way, supported by git itself, to create a new remote
> repository.

Because git is more a 'kit of bits' than a version control 'solution' there's
no standard way to do this.

If you have a git service behind you then the creation command might be
different, but I think alioth works on the very unfortunate method of giving
you filesystem access to your repos and hoping you DTRT with respect to unix
permissions etc.

I fear you will be best placed writing some simple scripts and including them
in the tools repo.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69