Re: GHC arm64 porting

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 09:51:16AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 02.04.2014, 23:44 +0100 schrieb Colin Watson:
> > >
> > > Sure! Just let us know when you actually want it to be included.
> >
> > Right, thanks.  Continuing the saga here:
> >
> >   http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2014-April/113408.html
>
> I think that on glasgow-haskell-users you are more likely to reach the
> right audience.

I reposted there, but then got past it by myself (eventually), so I
cancelled my post.

> > I'm running a build test on harris; if that works then I'll send it
> > upstream and push it to darcs.
>
> Thanks.

This is looking good, although harris only has one CPU so it isn't quite
done yet.  I notice as a result that our darcs GHC repository is at 7.8,
though, and my understanding of darcs is that a 7.6 maintenance branch
(e.g. for arm64 porting) would need to be pushed to a different
directory, maybe just s/ghc/ghc-7.6/.  Do you have any preferences?