Re: Survey of current installability problems

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 31.12.2013, 18:55 +0000 schrieb Clint Adams:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 03:22:04PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> >  libghc-hakyll-dev
> >  ↑ We need to package a new upstream version, to support the latest
> >    cryptohash, but that in turn requires pandoc 1.12. So waiting on
> >    pandoc
>
> This requires packaging pandoc-citeproc, which in turn needs
> List, aeson-pretty, hexpat, and rfc5051.

rfc5051 should not be needed if we build against text-icu, using
-funicode_collation, which we should.

Also hexpat can be skipped with -f-hexpat.

aeson-pretty is required for test-citeproc; we could skip building that.

List seems to be a reverse dependency of any of these. So it should be
possible to package pandoc-citeproc right away. Note that it will need a
-data package, quite similar to citeproc-hs. In fact, that packaging can
probably server as a starting point.

> haskell-src-exts has failed to build on mips/mipsel/sparc,
> possibly for transient reasons.

It has been removed from these architectures earlier, so this is not a
blocker.

> test-packages.pl chokes on the happstack-authenticate patch;
> my guess is that Text::Patch is confused by the .cabal file
> missing a final newline.

I’ll need to look into that, but not today.

Thanks for the summary,