Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] Classification of Haskell source packages

Quoting Joachim Breitner (2014-12-29 11:43:18)
> Am Samstag, den 27.12.2014, 15:12 -0600 schrieb Antoine Latter:
>> It looks like starting in jessie our Haskell source packages are
>> split between https://packages.debian.org/source/testing/haskell/ and
>> https://packages.debian.org/source/testing/misc/ - previously (in
>> wheezy) all of the Haskell source packages where in the 'haskell'
>> section.
>>
>> Is there a reason for the difference?
>
> No idea. But it should be "haskell"

For Haskell _libraries_ I agree.  But not for anything Haskell-based.

Package section is labelled "Haskell programming language and libraries"
- implementations of Haskell and libraries to extend it belong there.

Packages like gitit, hledger and pandoc-citeproc do not belong in
haskell section.  Probably same (judging from their descriptions) for
arbtt, hbro, hopenpgp-tools, hsbrainfuck, mighttpd2, shelltestrunner,
taffybar, unlambda, x509-util.

Package categories are about purpose, not implementation style.  Haskell
is not the only package section with plenty of wrongly categorized
packages...

 - Jonas