Re: 7.8 uploads to experimental (pandoc, leksah, new packages)

Hey Joachim,

On Sun, Dec 21 2014, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m currently rebuilding everything with GHC-7.8; once I can build a
> sizeable set of the packages here I’ll upload it to experimental. I’m
> currently at 450 packages...
>
> Again, packages that are not in Darcs are the cause of serious slow-down
> in such mass-managing of files, so I need some help here.

Just for my own curiosity. Do you mean packages which have not yet been
uploaded to the debian darcs repos? e.g. new dependencies?

> @Jonas: Could you prepare the packaging of pandoc-1.13.1? Then I can
> locally build that and continue working on those that require pandoc.
>

> Also, there are quite a few new packages:
>
> DRBG, auto-update, charsetdetect-ae, cipher-aes128, dynamic-state,
> errorcall-eq-instance, gtksourceview3, haddock-api, haddock-library,
> network-uri, nonce, oo-prototypes, prettyclass, regex-tdfa-text,
> th-expand-syns, th-reify-many, vado, vcsgui, vcswrapper, webkitgtk3,
> word-trie, yi-language, yi-rope, ghcjs-dom, ghcjs-codemirror,
> webkitgtk3-javascriptcore, jsaddle

Noted. I have some time over the holiday and I can knock a few of these
in the next several days. Thanks for the heads up.

> I need help with these. If you want to help out, just pick one and
> package them as usual. You do not have to upload them, just put them in
> Darcs and tell me about them. If you are ready, make sure you target
> "experimental" and depend on haskell-devscripts (>= 0.9)
>
> In particular, a number of these new dependencies are for leksah. Leksah
> is a large package that repeatedly causes lots of work to me, but I
> don’t use it. So unless someone steps up to dedicatedly maintain leksah
> and the packages it pulls in, I’m planning to remove leksah. So if you
> want that to happen, please start working on its new dependencies.
>
> There are also a number of packages that seem to be unmaintained that
> stopped working with 7.8. Some of them are probably easy to patch, but I
> still plan to remove them. If you are worried that I’d remove something
> that you want, please review the package plan and create patches.

This brings up a question I have. What is the best way for me to be
notified when a new package I help maintain is available? I know there
is distro-watch but I'm not certain how everyone else is using it. I
usually just watch the hackage rss feed and hope I don't miss anything.

--
Christopher Reichert
irc: creichert