Re: Package Release Cycle and Haskell Policy Manual Source

On Wed, Dec 10 2014, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 09.12.2014, 23:13 -0600 schrieb Christopher Reichert:
>> Is the source for the Haskell Policy Manual available? I would like to
>> make a few (very minor updates). For example, several sections still
>> reference ghc6-. These are trivial changes but I want to become more
>> familiar with how things work.
>
> It’s on
> darcs.debian.org:/darcs/pkg-haskell/policy
>
> I’ve just noticed that Raul actually modified the policy in the Darcs
> repo a bit, but
> http://pkg-haskell.alioth.debian.org/haskell-policy/ch-libs-bin.html#s-libs-bin-names
> did not get updated despite an appropriate post-push-hook, as
> debiandoc-sgml is not installed on alioth any more. I’ll nudge the
> alioth admins about that.

Great, now I know where it is for future reference. I'll check through
the new policy again and see if any changes need to be made.

>> Also, I believe I may have asked this before but how often are new
>> packages reviewed and uploaded?  Do I need to alert the mailing list on
>> new packages which go from UNRELEASED to unstable?
>
> Yes, you should. I usually keep an eye on the commit messages, but might
> miss such a change, especially if it is not done as a commit of their
> own.
>
>> Can packages be uploaded to unstable during a freeze?
>
> Yes, as long as they are not also in testing.

Great, just what I wanted to know.

>> I am in no rush to have a package uploaded; just curious. That said, the
>> haskell-mime-mail-ses package is ready to be reviewed :). I did mark it
>> as low priority so if there is a need to wait I have no problem with
>> that.
>
> You specify
>         Copyright: 2012-2014 Michael Snoyman
> in debian/changelog, despite the LICENSE file saying
>         Copyright (c)2011, Michael Snoyman
> Where did you get your dates from?
>
> I changed that and uploaded the package.

I replied to this in another reply. I'll be mindful of this in the
future.

Thanks for the help,

--
Christopher Reichert