Re: Haskell on arm needs help (was: hledger and hledger-web packages for raspbian)

+++ peter green [2014-11-21 22:10 +0000]:
> You might find asachi.debian.org useful, it's an APM x-gene mustang with
> 8 64-bit cores. Not sure of the clockspeed but i'm fairly sure it's
> high.

Either 2 or 2.4Ghz.

turfan.debian.net is another of the same machines (defo 2.4Ghz that
one). Now set up as a porterbox (for DDs)

More generally: I would like to see ghci working on arm64 (and arm in
general) as it blocks a lot of packages. My understanding it there is
some kind of arch-specific code-generator inside which needs quite a
lot of work teaching it a new ISA. No-one in Linaro has come forward
and said that they need this working badly enough to get it done there
so it needs to be done by community people. (The only thing I know of
written in haskell that might make them care is git-annex - are there
other important packages?)

I presume the number of people intimately familiar with both haskell
and low-level arm coding is dangerously close to zero so it presumably
needs collaboration between relevant experts. Do we have some arm
people who want to put in some time on this, and some haskell people
they can talk to about exactly what needs to be done?

I can help by providing access to hardware even for non-DDs if that's
what's needed to make this happen.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/