Re: Newcomer Resources

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 16.11.2014, 11:05 -0600 schrieb Christopher Reichert:
> I'm interested in learning more about Debian Haskell and I would like to
> help out where possible. I also have a few packages I would like to see
> make it into Debian. I have been reading up on some of the information I
> could find in the Debian Wiki and I'm open to suggestions on where to
> look for further info.

Great! The wiki is the right place, but always lacking; the rest is
common knowledge gained by being on this mailing list.

> The "Our git repo's" link on the Debian Haskell wiki page gives a
> 404. Unless there is a gitweb address I am missing, I think the correct
> url would be http://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-haskell/.  I have a wiki
> account so I would not mind updating the page if this is right. I just
> wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

You are, thanks for fixing that link!

> I'm not sure how to clone from the anonscm repo but I want to inspect
> the debian sources for a few packages. Is there a "best" way to do this
> or should I just `apt-get source' for the package I want to check out.

The recommended way is to clone the tools repo
(git clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-haskell/tools if you are on
alioth, something else otherwise, which you surely figure out), and then
use the pkg-haskell-checkout script therein.

> Are there any other resources other than the Debian wiki which would be
> a good starting point to learn more about packaging Haskell on Debian?

Not really. Read the Wiki, looking at existing packages and if you have
questions, ask here or on #debian-haskell on OFTC.