Re: [Helium] Maintenance state of Helium?

On 23Oct, 2014, at 23:44, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Am Dienstag, den 21.10.2014, 17:20 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
>> Am Dienstag, den 21.10.2014, 16:26 +0200 schrieb Jurriaan Hage:
>>> with Helium on Hackage, I am not sure whether it would make sense
>>> to include it in Debian again, but I guess in the state it is now in,
>>> it could be included. It seems stable enough (although I did spot some
>>> small errors in the .cabal files).
>>
>> if you think so then that’s certainly a reason to reconsider: Having an
>> active upstream is always a big plus!
>>
>> I’ll look into it the next days.
>
> I had a look, and noticed new dependencies (Top, lvmrun), which will
> slow things down a bit.
Well, they used to be there, but they were always included in the big source distribution.

> Top provides both a library and an exectuable. Which are required for
> building helium?
Just the library, the executable is for ourselves.

> And which for using helium?
Again topsolver (the exe) is not necessary here.

> Also, is lvmrun required to
> build helium, or at runtime?
At runtime only. But lvmlib is necessary for compile time.

> Thanks,
> Joachim

cheers,
Jur