Re: Making cabal-debian an official tool

That is great news!  I think my preference would be to move it to github.com (I was actually in the process of doing this today - is it ok if I proceed?) and continue to be the upstream developer - there are some ugly corners I hope to gradually smooth out.  I would hate for anyone to see the module Debian.Debianize.Finalize who didn't absolutely have to...

On the other hand, I'm fine with debian/patches if that is better for you than the github mechanisms.   Mostly I don't want for there to be a fork - nobody has the time and energy for that.  I'm pretty sure Debian specific patches belong in the upstream - after all, this is a Debian specific program!  The stuff that says "lost in the mists of time" can certainly be removed - I'm positive nobody out there is still using them.