Re: Four packages missing from ghc-doc Provides line, 7.8.20140710-1

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 10:38 AM, David Fox <ddssff@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 13.07.2014, 21:54 -0700 schrieb David Fox:

> I'm almost certain now that libtinfo-dev should be a dependency of ghc
> if it exports terminfo.  If so, I apologize in advance - and after
> that nice note you left in the changelog!

haskell-terminfo depends on libncurses5-dev, so why do you think it
should be libtinfo-dev?

Also, what is the problem you are experiencing, and does adding the
depends fix it?

The problem I'm experiencing is something like "/usr/bin/ld: -ltinfo not found" when linking a package that uses the terminfo cabal library.  Adding the dependency does fix this.  This is the terminfo library now built into ghc, not the external one (which can't be installed now that ghc conflicts with it.)

A dependency on libncurses5-dev would actually be better, I see it depends on (pulls in) libtinfo-dev.

-david

I don't know whether it is necessary for ghc-doc to conflict with libghc-terminfo-doc and the others - it only conflicts if they are the same version, and there's no good reason to build terminfo for the same version as is built into ghc-doc.