Re: lens build failures

Hello Edward,

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 08:04:30AM +1000, Edward Kmett wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 28.04.2014, 16:04 -0300 schrieb Raúl Benencia:
> > > I didn't want to release the version 2 of the package because a test is
> > > failing on some[1] architectures due to rounding issues. Can anyone
> > suggest
> > > a clean way, other than disabling the test, to fix this problem?
> > >
> > > [1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=haskell-lens
> >
> > That’s just hurd, is it? In that case, ignore it. And also otherwise: An
> > upload does not have to fix all problems, it is always useful to have it
> > fix one problem.
> >

> The issue is fixed in HEAD as well. It was just a display issue between the
> two different floating point implementations. We just modified the test to
> avoid the problem, simply to make it a better, more robust, test.

If I'm not missing anything, I think the fix is bogus. The last build
log[0] on hurd-i386 with your patch[1] shows:

| ### Failure in src/Numeric/Lens.hs:162: expression `au (exponentiating 2._Unwrapping Sum) (foldMapOf each) (3,4) == 5'
| expected: True
| but got: False

Did I miss anything in my backported patch[2]?

[0] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=haskell-lens&arch=hurd-i386&ver=4.1.2-2&stamp=1400024362
[1] https://github.com/ekmett/lens/commit/1a59eb2fc012549dc922596d48db88bbc611b561
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=pkg-haskell/haskell-lens;a=headblob;f=/patches/backport-testsuite-failure-fix.patch

Regards,