Re: copyright file

On Fri, 09 May 2014 17:30:11 +0200
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

> Thanks for asking. It is highly unusual to choose a different license
> for the files in debian/ than for the package itself, and only makes
> things unnecessarily complicated.
>
> What’s wrong with taking the copyright file from the template-debian/
> directory and just replacing the bits? I.e. replace "foo" by "hgettext",
> past the license instead of "This is the text of the foo license." and
> insert copyright years and names as reqiured. This is what I always do.

I don't see any problem with just taking the template file.
I thought, since other guides say so, I should make a machine parsable
copyright file, but I will stick with the template.
Should we maybe consider updating our template to a parsable format?

> (If you agree, please also change the copyright file in setlocale
> accordingly.)

Setlocale is public domain. So I guess we could distribute it under a
BSD-3 license, but should we really do that?