Re: New uploads

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 10.11.2013, 16:46 +0000 schrieb Clint Adams:
> On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 01:33:36PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Which one is it?
>
> I've definitely experienced problems with test-packages.pl
> getting confused by installed packages.

hmm; true. I have a schroot around for building Haskell packages
anyways, so I simply use
$ schroot -c haskell -- ./test-packages.pl

If someone finds a way to ignore the system package database (but not
the boot libraries), that would be great. It would also enable building
stackage on a Debian system with stuff installed. But then we need a
version of Cabal that knows that GHC has
fixed, so this might work with 7.8 and Cabal-1.18.

> As far as I can tell, the problems that need to be fixed
> upstream or patched involve github, gitit, netwire,
> shelltestrunner, snap (which never made it in due
> to the name conflicts problem), and yesod-markdown.

Sounds good. Unfortunately, vasks has file system issues, so I cannot
pull the repo right now.

> I could be wrong about this, and there are more
> conservative ways to achieve consistency.

Not sure what you mean here.

Joachim Breitner
  e-Mail: mail@joachim-breitner.de
  Jabber-ID: nomeata@joachim-breitner.de