Re: Yesod on Debian testing - is this a bug?

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 09.10.2013, 14:30 -0400 schrieb Sajith Sasidharan:
> Well, below is what I get.  It looks like the .cabal file generated by
> "yesod init" asks for versions that are newer than what's present in
> Debian.  (Conduit on testing is at 0.4.2-2+b2, fast-logger is at
> 0.0.2-1+b2, and so on.)  I wanted to confirm that this indeed is a bug
> before reporting it in the BTS.

not surprising: yesod (the binary) does not have version numbers in its
metadata, so the package will enter testing without problems, while the
actually Haskell libraries are stuck in unstable.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to help you right now (maybe using a
yesod package from snapshot.debian.org? But which one), nor how to
prevent this problem in the future, at least without turning all the
Recommends into Depends.