Re: State of the art for debianizing Haskell packages?

I'm going to go ahead and try these three approaches:

* dh-make + the rest by hand (first, to see what I would produce without referring to existing templates)

* `cabal-debian`

* Copy the template directory and customize it

I'll then offer feedback and comments.

On 08/30/2013 10:06 AM, David Fox wrote:
I stand ready to make changes to cabal-debian on request.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Clint Adams <clint@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 04:41:26PM -0700, Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:
> Are there any mostly-automated tools that I should be using or will
> this be a manual process?

Both the cabal-debian and copy-the-template-directory-from-the-tools-repo
methods leave you with different sets of manual work to do afterwards.

We could use some more automation and we could use the packaging of
dependencies to enable upgrading of cabal-debian.