Re: ghc will ever reach testing?

Hi,

feel free to direct such questions to d-haskell@l.d.o

> I saw the FTBFS on s390x machine...
>
> Do you plan to fix/rebuild it soon?
>

> it is preventing 594 packages going into testing this failure...
> http://release.debian.org/migration/stalls.html

we are well aware of the problem, see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2013/07/msg00019.html
and http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/7993

Unfortunately, debugging the RTS of an advanced compiler on a strange
architecture is not something that is easily done, and everyone has also
other things to do.

So unless someone comes up with a fix soon, we will have to „fix“ it by
removing Haskell from s390x.