Re: Packaging a Haskell Program

Hello Joachim,
I made a new package,
On 06/09/2013 04:56 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
It seems that you want two paragraphs in your package description. If
so, separate them by a line with nothing but a space and a dot in it.
(see http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html).
done
I’d change "It is clear that foo." to simply "Foo", even if you might be
slightly annoyed that you have to put stuff in the description that are
clear
done
The manpage seems to contain everything twice.
done
Is it normal that the tools prints HTML headers and latex output? I’d
expect to see that only in some kind of --verbose or --debug mode.
well it does, I didn't particularly request it. But since it runs for quite a long time, I think it is good that is does some output in the default mode. If someone does not want it s/he can simply redirect it to dev/null . I can later on add a --quite option, but I don't want to focus on that right now.
I did the test with pbuilder and it looks ok on debian testing.
Your package tries to write to $HOME:
I implemented your request. I use Setup.lhs now. It seems Ok in pbuilder to me.
I put a ChangeLog file in trunk but it does not get into the deb file.
I don’t see it in the source package. If there were one in the top level
directory, dh_installchangelogs would install it.
it is now in mediawiki2latex_6.4.orig.tar.gz but apparently it still does not get installed.
I also tried different expressions for the watch file. But lintian
complains that I should use the form I have used in the file I did
actually upload.
This seems to work well and matches what the manpage of uscan has to say
about sourceforge:

version=3
http://sf.net/wb2pdf/mediawiki2latex-(.+)\.tar\.gz
this works, many thanks

PS: Non-packaging related: It seems that HTML-entities (") are not
resolved in the title attribute of images; you can check by converting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian to pdf.
This was resolved with the file I uploaded today.
Yours Dirk