Re: haskell-platform.

Dear Karel,

Am Samstag, den 16.02.2013, 18:37 +0100 schrieb Karel Gardas:
> are you a packager of haskell-platform debian package? If so, then big
> thanks! I'm just building ghc builder which requires HsOpenSSL, on
> ARM/Linux on i.MX53 and got "clever" idea to shorten the compilation
> time by attempt of installing the platform. Wow! I've been surprised
> platform is packaged and even more surprised that after installing it, my
>
> cabal install HsOpenSSL
>
> continued directly by compiling HsOpenSSL instead of a lot of
> dependencies which were brought by platform.
>
> That's really cool! And thanks a lot for your work!

thanks for the kind words; appreciation is very much appreciated. I’m
CC’ing the Debian Haskell Group – after all the packaging is a group
effort.

If you are surprised to find that the platform is packaged, maybe you
also don’t know that you can install over 500 precompiled Haskell
packages for Debian with apt-get install, and almost all of them also on
ARM (at least those that do not need Template Haskell, and that will
change with GHC 7.4.2 and onwards). I notice that there is not a good
list of all packages, but
http://people.debian.org/~nomeata/hackagevsdebian.html
is one source of information, and then of course on hackage itsel it is
mentioned if a library is included in Debian.