Re: Call for maintenance: Packages in git repos

Hello,

On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 09:48:59PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Dear team,
>
> a long time ago we decided not to force Darcs upon all of us, because
> the git fraction of the DHG was relatively large. Since then, people
> have come and gone, and it seems to me that this has changed: Of the
> following 25 packages maintained in git, only 6 have been uploaded to
> experimental so far

I am going to update agda and friends to the new upstream quite soon,
sometime this week. These will of course be targetted to exp.

I didn't really follow this 'upload everything to experimental'
business, so I don't know what's going on there. I'd like to try and
find some time during the holidays to help out. In the meantime, I
suppose I should version some dependencies to get agda built against
7.6?

Regarding VCS wars, I don't really mind if you want to convert things to
darcs if that makes people's lives easier. I find the tooling irritating
to work with, which might be why I don't do as much opportunistic
pkg-haskell work. But I can cope with that in the spirit of teamwork. So
convert away if you like, but it'd be nice if you could preserve
history.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]