Re: Packages to be updated before the platform

Hi.

Il 29/05/2012 20:06, John MacFarlane ha scritto:
> I think there may be some issues with happstack-server and gitit.
>
> The latest version (7.0.2) depends on blaze-html 0.5, but the latest gitit
> won't work with that version.  It seems that most other packages that
> depend on blaze (e.g. pandoc, yesod) have added a 'blaze_html_0_5' flag, so
> that they can be compiled either with 0.5.* or with 0.4.*.  Maybe the
> happstack devs can be persuaded to do the same.  Or, you may want to
> package happstack-server 7.0.1.  The other option would be to go with
> blaze-html 0.5 for all packages, but this would require upstream changes in
> gitit (which I can do if needed).

We have happstack-server 7.0.0 in Debian, that still depends on
blaze-html 0.4.*. Gitit compiles and apparently works well.

Do you have any suggestion against this situation? I'm not really into
the differences between blaze-html 0.4 and 0.5. What are the reason to
prefer one version or the other?

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>