Re: haskell-knob

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I discovered two „Ready to upload“ packages on PET from you and had a
> look.
>
> I did not see any darcs commit messages on pkg-haskell-commits for them.
> Did you set up the darcs hooks as described on the Wiki?

Ah, sorry, I misread the Wiki and ran add-hooks with no package name.
Fixed for haskell-{knob,ncurses,options,patience}

> I noticed that your haskell-knob watch file points to a .tar.xz file,
> while on hackage there is a tar.gz file. Is there a reason why you
> cannot just point to hackage? This has the advantage that all watch
> files stay identical (besides the package name, of course) and we could
> easily do mass updates.

I don't like using Hackage, because the packages aren't signed or
checksummed. All of the files on my site have checksums and GPG
signatures, and are served via HTTPS.

> Also, I see that in the haskell-options package, you did not fully
> reflect the versioning constraints from the cabal file in
> debian/control. (The upper bound on system-filepath is missing.) Right
> now, with the mtl/transformers transition, I noticed how important that
> is. Can you fix that?

Oops, sorry. Fixed.