Velocity (was Re: Darn, we need 430 sourceful uploads)

Greetings,

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 01:16:38PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> despite my efforts to getting this migration done by binNMUs, this will
> fail: The haddock file ABI has changed, so we need to rebuild all
> libghc-*-doc packages.

This seems to have not progressed as fast as it could have. Joachim's
initial efforts were impressive, but clearly the number is too great for
just one person to take care of. Please can all of the DDs in the group
do some transitions? The sourceful changes required, if any, are usually
quite small. If each of us can do, say, 10-15 a day then we should be
able to make an impression quickly. It'll probably be best to be on IRC
to coordinate.

I updated the graph

  http://pkg-haskell.alioth.debian.org/haskell-pkg-graph.pdf

so you can see what needs to be done. Feel free to do it yourself: in a
checkout of darcs.debian.org:/darcs/pkg-haskell/tools do ./getdata.sh &&
./gengraph.sh && scp haskell-pkg-graph.pdf
wagner.debian.org:/home/groups/pkg-haskell/htdocs/)

Cheers,
sharing the feeling of being ground down by grunt work that computers
should be able to do for us,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]