Re: haskell-data-accessor-template FTBFS on powerpc

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Is this http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=631073 ? Was
> there something we can do about this (e.g. different build settings), or
> do we have to wait for a fixed upstream version?

It actually requires a fix in the GHCi runtime linker (according to
debugging I have done so far).

> Should we stop building ghci on powerpc?

Yes, at least until we have a fix. The knock on effect is that any
package that requires annotations during build (Vector is one) will
not build out of the box on platforms with out GHCi.

> And can we maybe add a check to the build so that it
> fails if ghci does not work (e.g. with "ghc -e 'return()'")? Does "ghc
> -e 'return()'" work on powerpc?

That segfaults.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo