Re: RFS: haskell-qt

Hi,

Am Montag, den 06.06.2011, 13:32 +0200 schrieb Filip Brcic:
> On Monday, 30. May 2011. 11.09.16 Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > I am offline at the time of writing, so I cannot have a look at the new
> > package.
>
> Did you happen to find some time to review the haskell-qt package?

sorry, it somewhat went off my screen. I had another look now, here are
some points (haskell-qt is quite a beast, so this upload might take a
few more iterations than usual):
 * Make sure to install the examples, or a useful selection of the files
therein (unless this is happening, haskell-qt is still building
here :-))
 * A lot of files say:
    Warning   : this file is machine generated - do not modify.
   which is therefore not the “preferred form of modification” and will
likely be rejected by the FTP-masters unless there is a way to re-create
these files. And if there is a way that works nicely, then it is best to
remove all auto-generated files in the clean target (or via a
debian/clean file) and really do create them during package build.
 * A lot of files look as if they were taken from the qt distribution,
or derived therefrom. Nevertheless, only Copyright 2009 David Harley is
mentioned. This again indicates trouble. Ideally, all such files are
marked with their original copyright holders, and debian/copyright
assembles this data... sorry for the hassle, but that’s part of the
Debian game.

It’s still building and I’m about to leave, so more review possibly
later.

> > And could you encourage upstream to put their package on Hackage
> > nevertheless, even if it does not build there? Also for their own sake,
> > as it gives them more expose. Also, they could modify Setup.sh using the
> > hooks to use their smarter build system with the usual interface. But I
> > digress, and this is in no way a condition for inclusion in Debian.
>
> I agree. Hackage is THE way to distribute haskell packages, so the upstream
> should definitely upload the package there. I did send an e-mail to the
> upstream and I'm awaiting his response.

Thanks.