Re: ghc doesn't compile on barber

Hi.

On 16/03/2011 10:48, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 16.03.2011, 10:27 +0100 schrieb Giovanni Mascellani:
>> I can't understand the problem from the logs. They exhibit two slightly
>> different problems (occurring on the same line of the same configure
>> script), that make me think there is somewhat non deterministic in the
>> generation of that file.
>
> are you actually sure that this file is being generated, i.e. that
> autoconf is run at package build time?

I actually thought that no configure script was shipped with the
package, but probably I mistook it, because in fact it is.

Anyway, if the file doesn't get regenerated, this makes the problem even
worse, because this means (to the best I can understand) that the file
gets extracted wrongly, or changed some other way that shouldn't happen.

On my compilation that file doesn't get rebuilt, but it's strange that
the compilation error on the buildd node happens in line 1684, while in
the original configure script line 1684 doesn't have an exec command
(while line 1685 has).

I really don't know what to think about this issue. I hope the buildd
admins to have some idea, otherwise I think that we'll need to ask on
-devel.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>