Re: New build problems on amd64

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 13.03.2011, 22:34 +0100 schrieb Giovanni Mascellani:
> On 13/03/2011 06:04, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > thanks for looking into that. Here are more build logs to examine:
> > https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=ghc&arch=kfreebsd-i386&ver=7.0.2-4&stamp=1299958675&file=log&as=raw
>
> Unfortunately I found nearly nothing about this issue. The problem
> appears to be the same in the two logs (although with some little
> difference): line 1684 in libraries/integer-gmp/configure fires an exec
> that triggers the error. The command appears to be (in my build it's
> line 1685):
>
> exec 5>>config.log
>
> Its effect should just be opening the file descriptor number 5 on the
> file config.log in append mode.
>
> In the amd64 build, apparently the script is trying to exec-ing the
> empty string:
>
> $ dash -c 'exec ""'
> exec: 1: : Permission denied
>
> While in the i386-kfreebsd case, it seems to exec the file "g.log":
>
> $ dash -c 'exec "g.log"'
> exec: 1: g.log: not found
>
> My first guess is that a piece of the command is somehow disappearing,
> leaving nothing or just "g.log" after "exec". I really have no idea
> about how this could happen.

Very weird.

> Do you think it is possible to ask buildd managers to reattempt one of
> these build and save the directory just after the failure, to allow us
> to do some aftermath having something to look at?

you can ask (amd64@buildd.debian.org), but maybe first try it also in a
chroot of one of the porters boxes and see if the problem arises there.

By the way, someone gave it back on kfreebsd-i386, and now it built:
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=ghc&arch=kfreebsd-i386&ver=7.0.2-4&stamp=1300076385&file=log&as=raw