Re: New build problems on amd64

Hi.

On 13/03/2011 06:04, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> thanks for looking into that. Here are more build logs to examine:
> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=ghc&arch=kfreebsd-i386&ver=7.0.2-4&stamp=1299958675&file=log&as=raw

Unfortunately I found nearly nothing about this issue. The problem
appears to be the same in the two logs (although with some little
difference): line 1684 in libraries/integer-gmp/configure fires an exec
that triggers the error. The command appears to be (in my build it's
line 1685):

exec 5>>config.log

Its effect should just be opening the file descriptor number 5 on the
file config.log in append mode.

In the amd64 build, apparently the script is trying to exec-ing the
empty string:

$ dash -c 'exec ""'
exec: 1: : Permission denied

While in the i386-kfreebsd case, it seems to exec the file "g.log":

$ dash -c 'exec "g.log"'
exec: 1: g.log: not found

My first guess is that a piece of the command is somehow disappearing,
leaving nothing or just "g.log" after "exec". I really have no idea
about how this could happen.

Do you think it is possible to ask buildd managers to reattempt one of
these build and save the directory just after the failure, to allow us
to do some aftermath having something to look at?

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy