Re: Packaging hoogle

Jérémy Bobbio wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 01:17:50AM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> > Some more questions:
> >
> >    e) Each time hoogle gets a new version, it needs a new set of
> >       database files. SHould the old database files be deleted
> >       automatically or should the person installing the new
> >       version be told that they should delete the old db?
>
> If it's the case, I think a dedicated -data package with a strict
> dependency might be better.

Hmm there seems to be a complication there in that the database
can be added to on the fly. I'm actually thinking the upstream
paccakge needs a little more work. It should allow a configuration
file to specify what extra stuff should add to the databaswe when
its created.

> How big would it be?

The standard installed database tar gzipped is 32Meg.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/