Re: haskell-skein and exotic architectures

Hiya,

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 08:26:41PM -0200, Felipe Almeida Lessa wrote:
> […]
> IIRC, there was some code to auto detect the endianness, but that code
> was (a) GPL-ed and (b) very difficult to work with.  Since every other
> part of the C library was BSD, I just riped apart all GPL-ed headers
> to have everything with a BSD license (C code and Haskell code).
>
> Currently on skein.cabal we have
>
>     if arch(i386) || arch(x86_64)
>         CC-options: "-DSKEIN_NEED_SWAP=0"
>     if arch(ppc) || arch(sparc)
>         CC-options: "-DSKEIN_NEED_SWAP=1"
>
> so this is (I think) the only place where changes would be needed.
> Since I don't have access to these architectures (actually, not even
> ppc or sparc), could you please try adding another "|| arch(...)" for
> each of those arches?  I don't see this process as too troublesome,
> since it would be a once-in-a-lifetime change and I'm happy to
> incorporate them on the skein package.  Perhaps I am missing
> something?

Just keeping it up-to-date as new architectures come in. It might be
easier to have an endianness flag that we can then set in Debian during
the build based on the output of `dpkg-architecture
-qDEB_HOST_ARCH_ENDIAN'

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]