Re: Stack overflow generating documentation

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 04.11.2011, 09:25 -0700 schrieb David Fox:
>> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > untested, but I guess you need to pass
>> >        --haddock-options "+RTS -k.... -RTS"
>> > to the call of "Setup haddock", for which you’ll have to modify
>> > hlibrary.mk, I guess.
>> >
>> > Greetings,
>>
>> Argh, haddock says "Setup: haddock: Most RTS options are disabled.
>> Link with -rtsopts to enable"
>
> This requires rebuilding haddock (and hence in Debian, ghc) to allow the
> flag. I guess you should to take that to upstream, maybe they can even
> identify why the stack is overflowing, and fix the code.
>
> Greetings,
> Joachim

It seems to happen whenever you try to build documentation for a
package that has a lot of build dependencies, and thus a lot of other
packages to link to.  This would be unusual for a package that was
part of the distribution.  My request would be that haddock be
compiled with -rtosopts enabled and that a way to pass haddock-options
be added to hlibrary.mk.  But it is not a blocker for me, I just
disabled the documentation deb for the package in question.