Re: Could you sponsor upload the test-framework packages?

Hi Kiwamu,

Am Mittwoch, den 12.10.2011, 23:58 +0900 schrieb Kiwamu Okabe:
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Kiwamu Okabe <kiwamu@debian.or.jp> wrote:
> > Could you sponsor upload the test-framework
> > <http://batterseapower.github.com/test-framework/> package
> > and the others needed by it?
>
> The Vcs repositories are moved to Darcs with Joachim's advice.
> Then,,, Could you dput the below packages to Debian?
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/packages/uploader/kiwamu%40debian.or.jp

I’m confused, http://pkg-haskell.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi lists
these already as tagged, which should indicate that someone uploaded
these already, as described in
http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/Processes. Is that
intentional?

Also, I did not see any commit messages on pkg-haskell-commits. Did you
set up the commit hooks, as described in
http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/DarcsBasic?

As for the packaging itself:
      * Specifying version bounds on -prof packages is not required, as
        they are always tight to the -dev package. This makes
        debian/control slightly more concise.
      * Usually, we put the DHG as the maintainer and ourself as the
        Uploader. Any specific reason to not do that with
        test-framework?
      * The debian/copyright is usually not just a copy of LICENSE.
        Please see
        http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s-copyrightfile and http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dreq.en.html#copyright, and if you want to support the latest trends in Debian packaging, http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/.
      * When writing the control file, please keep the slightly
        different audience in mind. While code example are great on
        hackage, I’m not sure if the Debian package description for
        libghc-language-haskell-extract-dev needs them.
      * You could remove the commented example lines from debian/rules.

I hope you don’t mind me being a bit more pedantic here, but that is
required with a new contributor. You don’t need to upload to mentors to
get them sponsored via the DHG, as we fetch the source from Darcs and
build it then.

If you want to help out with the hakyll server dependencies, that’d be
great, of course.