Re: aeson-native and blaze-textual-native

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 08.09.2011, 00:54 +0000 schrieb Clint Adams:
> yesod-json 0.2.1 depends on aeson-native which in turn depends
> on blaze-textual-native.  blaze-textual-native appears to
> be the same as blaze-textual except for the "native" flag
> in the .cabal file being set to default True instead of False.
>
> https://github.com/mailrank/blaze-textual#readme
>
> Does it make sense to generate two sets of binary packages
> from haskell-blaze-textual or is that more trouble than it's
> worth?

have you investigated if we are really affected by the bug that the
native flag tries to work around? If not, it is clear that we would not
use the -native variants.

If we are affected, then we should rather try to fix it instead of work
around it, possibly patching ghc if needed, or possibly just waiting
until fixed code is available.

In this particular case,
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5435#comment:1 seem to
indicate a way to solve the issue.

My idea of the Debian packaging of Haskell libraries is to provide
additional value by, for example, selecting “good” versions of a library
and making sure that all packages work with this one selected version.

This reminds me to check if we can drop parsec2 by now...