Re: ghc-7.2.1-rc1

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> how broken? As it, does not build ghci, or does build and works
> somewhat, but not always?

Builds but segfaults as soon as its run.

> Do libraries using template haskell still build?

Not sure.

> Also, there has been talk about building ghc registered/unregistered on
> powerpc. Do we do the right thing here?

Again, not sure. From the interest in the ghc powerpc bugs I think
I'm the only only person even running it.

I've been trying to fix the ghci issue for a while, but I've been
too busy and debugging segfaults in ghc is too hard. Furthermore
while trying to follow GHC head I find it breaks on powerpc every
couple of months. I'm having trouble even just keeping up with fixing
the new breakage let alone the old stuff.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/