Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.0.4 Release Candidate 1

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 03.06.2011, 23:57 +0100 schrieb Iain Lane:
> >For 7.0.4, we should fix the .haddock path to be ghc version
> >independent. And then we need full source uploads of all packages... or
> >we create some hack to find the .haddock files in the old path as well,
> >until the haddock interface changes. Any preferences?
>
> Yes, I definitely have a preference to /avoid/ doing another grinding source
> transition. So I'd prefer finding some workaround (like symlinking the old
> path) or postponing this change until we have to do one anyway.

the symlinking (if possible) or transparently checking different paths
in the Cabal code will fix the index and possibly newly built packages,
but there are existing -doc packages with missing links to their
dependencies’ types. But maybe we can fix them (by rebuilding) just as
we update the packages anyways.

It would be good to somehow identify affected -doc packages to keep
track of them. Maybe on lintian.d.o.