Re: Long term goal: Multiple cabal packages per source package

Hi Erik.

Excerpts from Erik de Castro Lopo's message of Ter Abr 19 05:17:59 -0300 2011:
(...)
> I currently have a script and some Makefile foo that allows me to specify
> a hackage library and version and it will build a package. Obviously
> the package is not good enough to go straight into Debian, but it does
> a large chunk of the grunt work (although it doesn't figure out dependencies
> yet). I've been thinking of extending and improving this to make it a
> real debian tool for managing packages on Debian.

Well, there is the debian package[0].  I'm working[1] on it and on a tool to
generate a debian package for the whole hackage archive[2].  It currently is
kind of working, but there are some packages which can't be built, and the
exception for them must be manually included.  The code is very experimental,
but if you want to try.

I even created an alioth project for hosting the built packages.  The initial
version builds the whole hackage hackage archive.  My goal is to have another
version that checks for hackage updates and try to build them as they're
uploaded.

Greetings.

0: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/debian
1: http://marcot.eti.br/darcs/haskell-debian/