Re: hslogger_1.0.10-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

[CC’ing John, as its his package, CC’ing Joey, as he seems to be eager
to be able to build git-annex again]

Hi,

Am Montag, den 18.04.2011, 09:55 +0000 schrieb Alexander
Reichle-Schmehl:
> I'm sorry, but I need to reject your package, as you forgot to mention the
> license of hslogger-1.0.10/contrib/java/* in your debian/copyright file.
>
> Please also make sure, that the sources for all files in
> hslogger-1.0.10/contrib/java/hslogger4j.jar is present, and that - if this
> jar file is used - it is recompiled at build time.

thanks for spotting.

I tried to follow this advice, but due to lack of knowledge about java
did not manage to build the jar file. Here is what I tried:
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-haskell/hslogger.git;a=commitdiff;h=f31af04d3750467905c14d7c723b06fd06d45164
And here is what I get:
cd contrib/java/; ant
Buildfile: /home/jojo/debian/pkg-haskell/packages/hslogger/contrib/java/build.xml

init:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/jojo/debian/pkg-haskell/packages/hslogger/contrib/java/build

compile:
    [javac] /home/jojo/debian/pkg-haskell/packages/hslogger/contrib/java/build.xml:20: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 3 source files to /home/jojo/debian/pkg-haskell/packages/hslogger/contrib/java/build
    [javac] /home/jojo/debian/pkg-haskell/packages/hslogger/contrib/java/org/haskell/hslogger/HsloggerLevel.java:22: package org.apache.log4j does not exist
    [javac] import org.apache.log4j.Level;
    [javac]                        ^

John, as you have built the .jar before, can you help us out here? What
build dependencies might I be missing?

Also, the kfreebsd people won’t like it if a large fraction of the
haskell packages are suddenly not buildable on kfreebsd any more
(because hlogger is not any more, because there seems to be no java
there). Maybe it would be nicer to distribute this separately – what do
you think about that, John?