Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] Most of libghc-*-doc packages are unusable with GHC 7.0.3

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 14.04.2011, 18:50 +0530 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> Am Mittwoch, den 13.04.2011, 23:38 +0200 schrieb Milan Straka:
> So here is what we should do: Upload a ghc revision that
> uses /usr/lib/ghc/, and then do a sourceful upload of all packages who
> have been transitioned so far.
>
> Note that this is not a pressing issue in the sense that it should hold
> up the transition; that round of re-building can then happen in any
> order.
>
> What does the rest of the DHG think of this approach?

I have an alternative suggestion, given that uploading all the
previously built packages again would take, as we could see, quite some
time:

Why not add something to ghc’s postinst in the sense of:

if [ ! -l /usr/lib/ghc-7.0.3 ]
then
  mv /usr/lib/ghc-7.0.3/* /usr/lib/ghc
  rmdir /usr/lib/ghc
  ln -s ghc /usr/lib/ghc-7.0.3
fi

and the same for ghc-7.0.2. This would hopefully fix the problem without
requiring sourceful uploads. The next ghc upload with a changed haddock
interface number can then remove this from postinst, as then everything
needs to be rebuild anyways.

What new problems that I don’t see right now would that cause? :-)