Re: ghc6 & ghc6-doc uninstallable together

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 07.04.2011, 20:44 +0300 schrieb Riku Voipio:
> ghc6 provides and conflicts on haddock
> ghc6-doc comes from ghc7, and depends on ghc-doc
> ghc-doc depends on haddock-interface-16, which comes from ghc-haddock
> ghc-haddock provides and conflicts on haddock
>
> haskell-dlist, haskell-bytestring-show, haskell-cereal,
> haskell-directory-tree and haskell-monadcatchio-transformers have
> been put to "failed" on armel since they build-depend on ghc6 & ghc6-doc.
>
> if this will be fixed by new uploads of the affected packages, nothing
> needs to done from your side.
>
> If ghc6 and ghc6-doc become co-installable again, notify me and I'll remove
> the packages from failed.

It is unlikely that ghc6 will become installable again, as we are
basically ditching this package. The only reason why we do not have a
transitional ghc6 package (as we do for ghc6-doc) is to be able to
bootstrap ghc. This has been done, with the next upload of ghc there
will be a arch-all transitional ghc6 package.

Anyways, thanks for the notification,