Re: Bluetile package

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 10:02:55AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 08.06.2010, 00:22 +0200 schrieb Jan Vornberger:
> > Do I really have to write a custom Setup.hs to make this happen? If so,
> > is there maybe somewhere a simple package that I can look at? I have
> > little experience with Cabal.
>
> A custon Setup.hs is probably overkill. We could move the binaries upon
> package generation, but then we’d need a configure flag to tell bluetile
> where to look for them (or just patch the source to look in libexec
> instead of bindir).

I did end up writing a custom Setup.lhs, but it also basically just
moves the files over to libexecdir after all the other Cabal stuff ran.
This way it will also work when people install Bluetile via 'cabal
install bluetile' and I don't have to deal with two different possible
locations for the helper binaries.
I think this is a good solution - the only downside being, that the
Cabal manual mentions in several places, that the hook system - which one
has to use for this - is subject to change. Well, hopefully it won't break
anytime soon. =)

> This is not a problem for Debian, we have our own version number anyways
> (0.4~bp, which sorts before 0.4). I don’t have a good idea for the cabal
> package, maybe the others have.

I simply changed it to 0.4.1 now. Maybe I will want to upload this
version to hackage later as well and that seems the most compatible
choice.

So a updated release with the changes mentioned above can be found here:
http://code.haskell.org/~jav/releases/bluetile-0.4.1.tar.gz

Regards!
Jan