Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: haskell-json: New version 0.4.4.

Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:

> > +Document: libghc6-json-doc
> > +Title: Manual for Haskell JSON library.
> > +Abstract: JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) is a lightweight data-interchange
> > + format. It is easy for humans to read and write. It is easy for machines to
> > + parse and generate. It is based on a subset of the JavaScript Programming
> > + Language, Standard ECMA-262 3rd Edition - December 1999.
> > +Section: Programming
> > +
> > +Format: HTML
> > +Index: /usr/share/doc/libghc6-json-doc/html/doc-index.html
> > +Files: /usr/share/doc/libghc6-json-doc/html/*.html
> > + /usr/share/doc/libghc6-json-doc/html/src/*.html
>
> Please don't.  There's no need to have a doc-base entry for each haskell
> library, since ghc6-doc already has one entry, and it links to them.

I was doing that because without the doc-base file I was getting a
lintian warning:

  I: libghc6-json-doc: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration
  N:
  N:    The package ships a .html or .pdf file under /usr/share/doc/, which are
  N:    usually documentation, but it does not register anything in doc-base.
  N:    (Files under an examples directory are excluded.)
  N:
  N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 9.10 (Registering Documents using
  N:    doc-base) for details.
  N:
  N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: possible

If we have a good reason to not supply doc-base registration with
libghc6-*-doc packages then we should raise a bug against lintian

If someone can give me a good explanation of why we don't want doc-base
registration, I'll raise the bug and follow it through.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/