Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: haskell-transformers: New upstream release (0.2.0.0)

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 15:38 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> please keep such discussions on the list.

'Reply' instead of 'Reply to list', my bad :)

> Am Montag, den 26.04.2010, 08:25 -0430 schrieb Ernesto Hernández-Novich:
> > So I'm going to mark haskell-transformers back as unreleased for now.
>
> I think you better remove the version bump alltogether from the
> repository. Changes in the repository should be meant to be uploaded
> eventually, and if someone who does not know that it will break
> something might upload your change.

That's why a wrote a long comment for the last commit stating so. I'll
remove the version bump, anyway.

> Do you mean that haskore is already abandonned by upstream?

No, that's not what I meant. Haskore is stable, being used and extended
with additional backends, for fun and profit.

> Is it still worth packaging it for Debian?

Both, Haskore and Euterpea. Euterpea is a WIP and will eventually
replace Haskore, but not just yet. Think of Euterpea as a
heavily-API-breaking name-changing release of Haskore, that only shares
some fundamental data types.

Haskore is the way to go for Squeeze, Euterpea for Squeeze+1.
--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - Linux 2.6.32 i686 - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.