Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: haskell-transformers: New upstream release (0.2.0.0)

Hi Ernesto,

please keep such discussions on the list.

Am Montag, den 26.04.2010, 08:25 -0430 schrieb Ernesto Hernández-Novich:
> On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 23:56 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Am Freitag, den 23.04.2010, 21:35 +0000 schrieb Ernesto
> > +haskell-transformers (0.2.0.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
> > > +
> > > +  * New upstream release.
> > > +
> > > + -- Ernesto Hernández-Novich (USB) <emhn@usb.ve>  Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:04:16 -0430
> >
> > the version number seems to indicate an incompatible API. Do the reverse
> > dependencies still work?
>
> Thank you for pointing that out.
>
> haskell-midi works but haskell-haskore (still unreleased) won't.
>
> Haskore is not going to be ported to transformers 0.2.0.0 since all work
> is being done on Euterpea, Haskore's next generation (still not in
> Hackage).
>
> So I'm going to mark haskell-transformers back as unreleased for now.

I think you better remove the version bump alltogether from the
repository. Changes in the repository should be meant to be uploaded
eventually, and if someone who does not know that it will break
something might upload your change.

Do you mean that haskore is already abandonned by upstream? Is it still
worth packaging it for Debian? Does not sound like the kind of program
that fits well withins Debian’s release schedule.