Re: please provide upgrade path for haskell-hdbc-doc

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 18.04.2010, 11:27 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> > > Would a -dummy package bring apt to a sane upgrade path?
> > > Let's consier haskell-hdbc-doc (2.1.0-3) to haskell-hdbc-doc (XYZ) as built by
> > > haskell-doc-dummies. I assume that if (XYZ <= 2.1.0-3) then apt wouldn't
> > > consider it an upgrade? (Maybe a version number based on a value larger than
> > > the maximum of all affected binary package versions of -doc packages might
> > > work, haven't checked that yet).
> >
> > you are correct, the version number needs to be the maximum over all
> > packages, which is no problem. Just use an epoch, i.e. a version of 1:1.
>
> I don't see the need for an epoch.  We can just use the version of the original
> package that was released without the old package name.

if we build one source package for all dummy packages, all these dummy
packages will have the same version, thus we need to pick a version
higher than the maximum of all haskell-*-doc packages.