Re: squeeze frozen – Implications for the DHG

Il 06/08/2010 17:05, Joachim Breitner ha scritto:
> as you probably read, squeeze is frozen. Because our libraries are so
> highly entangled, I’d therefore suggest that any upload is first
> discussed on this list. Especially updates to newer upstream versions of
> libraries have to be avoided, unless the update is meant to reach
> squeeze and we have permission by the -release team – otherwise we could
> not fix bugs in the depending packages in sid any more.

+1 for discussing the uploads. Sorry for gitit, I just uploaded it
without thinking at this (and before reading the email).

I really hope to convince release team to allow gitit (and the few
dependencies that would need to migrate) to be released, but I think
it'll be hard.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>