Re: Source-Only distribution

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 11:18:22AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
Hi,

I have recently given some thought into how we should continue to
package haskell libraries, and I have come up with the conclusion that
shipping pre-built libraries is a dead end. I will upload a new version
of haskell-devscripts soon which just copies the haskell sources into
the -dev package. -doc and -prof packages are left empty and should be
removed with the next upstream version.

Woah, woah. Please wait with this. This is something that should not be done unilaterally (ie with input from the maintainers of haskell-devscripts' rdeps). We need to decide whether and when it is appropriate to do this (i.e. before or after Squeeze).

Iain