Re: Support for dynamic libraries

On March 16, 2010 11:49:21 Joachim Breitner wrote:
> These are good reasons, but, from a Debian packager’s point of view, the
> pain arising from having our program packages depend on the library
> packages is too much.
>
> We can consider though to add -dyn packages as a service for users who
> want to locally compile dynamically linked program – just like we
> provide the -prof packages at the moment.

Ah.  I guess I wasn't very clear in my intent for doing this.

I wasn't meaning to displace the -dev packages, imply that we should build all
the tools against shared libraries, etc.  I was just meaning to add another
option.  As you say, exactly like the current -prof was what I was thinking.

Cheers!  -Tyson