Re: Timeouts

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> writes:
> Am Montag, den 08.03.2010, 22:30 +0100 schrieb Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt:
>> This might be a solution, yes, though I would prefer not to do
>> this. You've managed to get highlighting-kate's build times down, making
>> it build everywhere but on armel (where it got tried on a sloooow
>> buildd, let's see if this gets better on one of the faster boxes). We
>> have similar problem with agda, could you have a look at that?
> We also have the problem with haskell-src-exts (a build dependency of
> hlint), where no such easy solution is available. This might not affect
> the transition, as it is “only” a build dependency and haskell-src-exts
> is not in testing.

Hum, well, it would be helpful if we could rebuild what is in testing
with packages from testing. We shouldn't abuse britney's bugs too
much. Is there an option to get ghc6 to leave out optimizations that eat
up a lot of memory? It just feels wrong to see something not build on
s390 because of missing resources :-)

> Maybe Iain Lane can comment on agda.

That would be great.

>> As far as I can see, agda and the armel issues are the last bits missing
>> before we can get the new ghc6 into testing :-)
>
> There is the unreproducible bug
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=554174 which needs to
> be closed or tagged squeeze-ignore (which you can probably do). Other
> than that, it looks good!

I've downgraded it to important. The semantics of *-ignore is a bit
different, indicating that the bug fix is needed, but can be done at a
later point. That's not the issue here, where we don't even know if
there's an actual bug in the package.

Marc
--
BOFH #433:
error: one bad user found in front of screen