hashed-storage vs. mmap

Hi,

slight problem coming up:

We uploaded mmap-0.5.4. Formerly we had mmap-0.4.1, I guess that did not
build with ghc6-6.12, so the newest package on hackage was picked.

No, I tried to upload hashed-storgae (darcs dependency!). Version 0.3.6
did not build with ghc6. There is a 0.4 series, but I noticed that darcs
(as on hackage) requires the 0.3 series, and tried to package the newest
one of that series, 0.3.9.

Unfortunately, that requires mmap-0.4 exactly, as specified in the cabal
file (and overriding that causes the build to fail). By the time I
noticed, it was too late to run "dcut" to pull back the 0.5er mmap.

We have some options now:

 a) Upload mmap-0.4.1 again, using an epoch bump.
 b) Introduce an haskell-mmap4 source package and libghc6-mmap4-* binary
packages until hashed-storage uses 0.5.4
 c) Backport the mmap-0.5-compatibility patch from the hashed-storage
0.4 series and apply that locally.

Personally, I prefer c) over b) over a). Trent, you are the darcs
maintainer, I guess it’s up to you.