Re: Darcs vs. Git again

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 04:18:56PM -0200, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
Hi.

These mass changes of debian/watch made me think about having our
decision of having some packages in Git and some in Darcs.  I think it
would be better to use only one VCS for the group, to make it easier to
do this kind of changes, that affects all packages.

I reviewed my opinion from the last time we discussed this, and I'm not
a radical for darcs: I'd be happy to work with Git too.  OTOH, pet[0]
works for darcs and there're 86 dirs in /darcs/pkg-haskell against 12
in /git/pkg-haskell.  So, because of these points I think it would be
more practical to change them all to darcs.

Please comment.

Greetings.

This subject seems to be dragged up a lot.

Please don't. I vastly vastly prefer git and git-buildpackage over the darcs packaging tools. This for packages that I am the de-facto maintainer for (agda*). For others I am happy to work with darcs, even though I find it less pleasant.

I'm sure pet can be patched to cope with git too.

I wonder just how often mass changes are going to be required. (and how easy it would be to just remember to look at git in case of such events)

Iain